Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Louisville, Kentucky, on the way to Missionary Ridge, letters of Pvt. Sam T. Smith, 15th Indiana Volunteer Infantry

December 4, 1861
Louisville, Ky.

My Dearest Wife:

I am well at present hoping these few lines will find you enjoying the same. I received your letter dated November, ---- and was glad to hear from you. Only a part of our Regiment were sent here (several lines were so dim that they could not read). Lizzie those apples that I bought are for you; one for Joe, One for Ellen and the rest for you. Use them in any way that you want to. Give my regards to all enquiring friends and relation. Write your letters to me and be sure to spell out the State of Kentucky in full. I remain your husband until death separates us.

Signed: Samuel T. Smith to Elizabeth Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home