Sunday, June 28, 2009

Not the Taj Mahal, but Buildings in Celina, Ohio are Beautiful, Memorable--Look Like They Came from a Fairy Tale










Another Ohio wonder!
Celina, Ohio is probably not among your “must see” travel destinations, but if you are ever, ever near this town in west, central Ohio—go there because you will see some of the most amazingly beautiful buildings anywhere.
No, they are not the Taj Mahal, but they are incredibly beautiful and totally unexpected--almost like something you'd see in a fairy tale. I say unexpected because what do you expect to see in any small town? Not much as a general rule, right? Yet when I saw these buildings one Sunday morning and just by accident and enroute to somewhere else, they stopped me.
They are that unusual and that beautiful.
When were they built? I have no idea. Why were they built? I have to idea? Who occupies them? I have no idea. Who owns them? I have no idea? Do I know anything about them other than the are so stunning and so wonderful to see? No, but one day I will go to Celina or call there and ask around to learn more about them.
In fact, that may happen at the end of July 2009—when Celina has a community celebration! I just happened to read about it on a web site about the town. So, I will go as every Ohio community seems to have its special celebration, and everyone of them are fun! Lots of fun!
So, while you may not have ever heard of Celina, Ohio, if you go anywhere near the town, go there! See these beautiful buildings for yourself and in person. You will enjoy them as much as I did.
In the meantime, enjoy these photos.
And, if you learn anything about them, pass it along to me. I'll up date this blog!
Also, Celina just happens to be right on Grand Lake St. Mary, one of the largest man made lakes in the world. That means the whole world. So after you ooh and awe over these beautiful buildings, you can enjoy the water!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home