Thursday, May 04, 2006

Forget the booze!

I just saw another story about an American politician in trouble over drinking alcohol. My answer to that: don't drink. Don't drink at all. It's easier to do than you might think.
I used to drink and a lot, at night, sometimes really getting drunk.
Then one night I got stopped by a cop for driving crazy. I had been drinking. I passed the breath test, but he still charged me with driving under the influence.
I won the case, but at a cost of $2,200, and that probably was just barely that I won the case.
That was 22 months ago, and I've not had a drink since. Futher, I haven't missed it, not even a little bit.
I don't expect to ever do it again, and I've been to places since where I thought I would be tempted. Yet, I've not felt the least bit tempted. Why? I realize there is no good in it.
So, don't drink. That's don't drink PERIOD.
That is best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home