Friday, February 03, 2006

Teresa and Teri, One woman, Two women

A friend of mine first introduced herself as Teresa. Then quick as a wink, she corrected herself, "Teri."
That was probably a year ago.
I thought nothing of it until last week, when I suggested she call herself Teresa. I thought people might take a better view of her.
"No," she told me. "Teresa is uptight, tense and moody. I like Teri. She smiles, loves life takes life as it comes. So, no, call me Teri. I like going by Teri."
I spoke to her one or two days this week during a particularly difficult time for her, and guess what? She told me she was Teresa in the way she handled her difficulties, tense, unsure, worried.
Finally, she straightened out and told me with a big smile, "I'm Teri again. I'm glad she's back."
Then she confided, "Sometimes I wish Teresa would go away and not come back."
True story. Good story.
Love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home