Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cider and....one heck of a good time....

One man celebrated news of Andrew Jackson's victory at New Orleans and the end of the War of 1812 in an interesting way.
Said he: "I am alive and glad of it, but I liked to have killed myself last night eating bread and cider. Lt. B. Luttles and myself purchased a quart of cider and a loaf of bread and with the addition of sugar and water it made a most sumptuous dish, I assure you."
Interesting mix? Wonder how it all went together?
I found this in a book, the title of which I cannot recall exactly. I think it was "New Englanders Who Made Ohio" or the "New England Influcence on Ohio."
Lots of good stories in that book. I will get the correct title and author to give credit where it is definitely due.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home