Friday, December 24, 2004

72 Virgins! You've gotta be kidding

I several times over the years, or I should say over the last few years, have heard that bit about Muslims dying and going to heaven to find 72 virgins waiting for them.
I know little about the Muslim religion, but I do know my own limitations. I mean I like pretty girls, and I would enjoy looking at 72 of them. But, well, er, doing what the Muslim religion suggests, now someone has to be kidding. Or nuts. In my mind someone would be trying to make the Guiness Book of World Records to make love to 72 virgins. Me? I'd be trying for a heart attack--and probably get one.

2 Comments:

Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Well, I think the Bible has its fair share of unbelievable stories: walking on water, parting oceans, turning water into wine...the difference is, most Christians just take this to be metaphorical and symbolic. Perhaps most Muslims do too, it is just those few extremists we have to worry about. Just like those Christians who go shoot abortion doctors.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Abdusalaam al-Hindi said...

ac blue eagle

I've left a comment in response to your comment on calivalleygirl's blog. If you're interested read it here.

http://calivalleygirl.blogspot.com/2004/12/muslim-secularismor-lack-thereof.html#comments

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home